PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NetJets Europe - time to command
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2007, 13:10
Dirty Bleeder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to all for your replies, but I would like to make the following points to continue the debate:

1. I never expected my previous qualification in shooting people down to get me anything else apart from through the front door! However, leading large packages on complex missions, in an hostile environment and returning to a runway that is 500ft long and could be anywere within a 30 mile radius of where you left it. To land on within 10secs of a time that was dictated 5hrs previous (and has been changed 3 times since) with 90secs of fuel to flame-out, does show that military chaps do a little more than pole an aircraft.

Please don't get me wrong - I fully understand that my previous skill sets will help, but I am joining a new company, performing a new type of flying (only 250hrs on VIP multi aircraft so far) and will be the FNG learning the ropes.

2. I have read ALL the previous imformation on NetJets from every single source I can find - wouldn't anyone who is committing to embark on a career with them??

The new point I'm trying the get information on is whether the 'over' recruitment, coupled with an improvement of T&C's has/is going to reduce pilot turnover and increase time to command beyond the normal variables of the 'Known unknowns' (quote by Donald!) - suitability, ability, attitude and right place right time. Or will the rate of expansion off-set the 'unknown unknowns' until well into the future - catch my drift.......

I hope I haven't come across all arsey. Please, all informed comments welcome.

Regards

DB