PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 7
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 7
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2007, 13:01
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have raised this point some time ago but really whis IS MAN such a 'sensitive' word from a NCL prospective & indeed it would appear from any airline considering NCL - MAN ? The old & traditional reasons of non suitable aircraft, slots restrictions due to single runway have long since gone. MAN has moved on in leaps & bounds with direct & non stop LH to just about anywhere & can in no way be viewed as competition. So why is the place less accessable than LHR,AMS,CDG or anyother hub worth mentioning ? Surely what is needed for NCL is simply a FREQUENT commuter shedule, this in effect would take substantial pressure off the demand and indeed business case for further LH routes particularly westbound. Such types of services could potentially also throw in the odd schedule to EDI or GLA to connect with their westbound US departures. All of this is the type of creative thinking that airlines considering NCL should be thinking about instead of such 'major' decisions as whether or not to add an extra JER to the S08 schedules.
To me it's all about mentallity any NCL - US sevice is likely to comprise a large amount of through PAX to other US destinations in any event, so just as practical in many instances to use MAN if direct flight.
PS Please don't come back to me from any angle with an Eastern scenario. Being well travelled on their J41 BHX service I clearly appreciate that this is not what is required !