PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So where are all the jobs then?
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2007, 11:48
Philpaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Modular/Integrated TR/No TR???????!!!!!

I can pretty much guarentee that theres not a single person out there that would have paid for there TR if they didn't have to. Just like if everyone could afford a full time course with all the frilly bits thrown in they would. No disrespect to pilots but its not like it used to be, your not knights of the sky with bimbos hanging off each arm and a jug of sangria by the pool. Unfortunately this site is clogged up with wanabes that are still clinging to the dream. Better to wake up and smell the coffee now methinks, the UK is one of the best places to be a commercial pilot. The fact that standards are dropping here is realistically just bringing us in line with most of the world and anyone that keeps one eye outside the aviation industry can tell you thats the way it is with everything. If your not willing to drag yourself through the cr@p to get to where you want to be then you dont really want it that bad, if doing an FI, flying a TP or even paying for your TR takes you were you want to be then atleast you can say you really did want it because look what you had to do to get it. Nothing anyone does can stop the UK's aviation industry slumping because people are always going to want value for money and unfortunately thats what your Ryanair, easyjet etc... give. I bet half the people that moan on here got a budget holiday rather than an all singing all dancing Virgin Hol. Am i the only one who sees the Irony here? By demanding value for money (which is every consumers right) you are simply banging the nails in to your own coffins. As the saying goes, you cant have your cake and eat it. This applies to all walks of life.

I wish i could afford an Integrated course on top of my mortgage, i wish i could afford a TR on top of that, most of all I wish i could guarentee a job at the end of it all. Unfortunately i have realised that i'm going to struggle through the modular route, spend an age looking for a job and then earn less than what i'm on now. But atleast i'll be flying, and i'll have a cheeky smile on my face when i think about how many of you will still be on here moaning about it.