PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Waddo 2001
Thread: Waddo 2001
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2001, 01:33
The Gorilla

Talking

As someone who has spent the last weekend and a lot more besides, being on show for the stashes OBE, I can confirm that there were a lot of unhappy people about. Indeed I felt the rough end of 2 punters tongues on Sunday!! However there were far more thousands of people who enjoyed the event to the full. Tis very true that both the flying display and the static lines were not as good as in previous years but yer average anorak got a very good deal for his money.

Those who know me, will tell you I am not in any way shape or form, RAF committed and I don't like working weekends more than any thing else. But we must not forget that Waddo airshow is a CHARITY event that is targeted directly at our own service charities, ie the RAF association and the Benevolent fund.
I kinda look upon it as putting insurance in the bank. I hope both organisations will be there and well funded if I ever need to call upon them!!

You can't please everybody all the time, it was hard work but well worth it. I am off to bed now!!