PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Waddo 2001
Thread: Waddo 2001
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2001, 23:43
Scorpius

Red face

There is one thing true in life - you can't please every one! Having personally put a lot of time and effort into the airshow it's fairly obvious from some of the comments that some have never been that involved in trying to organise such an event. I certainly did not volunteer to do the task I was given - however, I did it to the best of my ability. The bottom line - it is a business and it must make enough money to survive. If you have ever been in Paul Byram's office on any day leading up to the event you will understand how much work there is! As for the Israelis - although this was on very dodgy ground - they certainly provided a lot of interset from the general public who flocked in their thousands to see their flying display and also their ground display - with some state of the art kit I can tell you. Having such a variety of aircraft at this event has helped to establish this event as one of the top shows in Europe - after talking to Paul earlier, the initial estimate could be as high as 200,000 people over the weekend. Most of whom seemed very happy with the event.

Personally, the last 2 weeks have been a complete nightmare for me - and as a result I am now seriously thinking of making my living with Mr Branson if he will have me! There is no way I'm going to put my family 2nd again like I did for this air show. Sorry I can't give any specifics as I don't want to compromise myself - not yet anyway. Still mustn't grumble!