PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - End of days for CPL's flying left seat over 5700 kgs
Old 27th Nov 2007, 08:38
Lt Gonville Bromhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just wished to make a small addition to the post made by Request FL 510.

He stated:-

"If you try and do a JAA validation (valid for 12 months only - not renewable) the hours on aircraft certificated for operation by one crew only such as the 1900, 200, 228, 110 and other that are operated by SA operators with two crew (MCC specified in Ops Manuals) DO NOT count towards the MCC requirement."

For general information, I have this year obtained a UK JAA MCC exemption certificate based on over 500 hour of 2P flying in a 1900D. I had to obtain supporting letter from my employer NAC stating the a/c was operated as multi-crew. I was unable to obtain ANY assistance from the SA CAA in this process. The JAA regs required the SA CAA to provide a Part 121 Ops Manual confirmation letter but despite my many written requests i didn't even get so much as a dicky bird from them. But the UK CAA granted the Certificate anyway when I showed them copies of my many unsuccessful letters to the SA CAA..!! What a shower..