PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - mytravel pilot loses appeal
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2007, 06:14
Pugilistic Animus

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
From way back at the beginning:
I wrote:"doing something like that in the US is actually a violation of federal law...and you could lose your license, pay fines or go to jail---definitely lose your carreer--- "

and OilHead wrote:

True, but he was not in the US so what is your point?

My Point was that depending on your home country's air/crimal laws he could have had far greater consequences heaped upon him, or far less as the case maybe.???

I was trying to point out that he has his most important asset his license and his freedom---He has the chance to move on with his life as a pilot--- this gentleman sounds like a talented aviator reading some of the writings in the military aviation part of Pprune---I hope that he should find a very happy setting that better suits his ways---I wish that for us all however

Although the details are very sketchy in my mind---

---remember the case of the NWA captain who was sacked, imprisoned and fined for being intoxicated while on duty?

He was later allowed to return but first he needed to re-do the whole entire ATPL over, I mean C-172 stuff--- IR multi, high performance/ complex you kinda know the drill....Mr. Mason should feel grateful

And believe me I think the law stinks, but we are not legislators or politicians---perish the thought---

And

as far as the USA and "homeland security" TSA?/FAA/ NTSB/and Washington AND FEMA here

Last edited by Pugilistic Animus; 27th Nov 2007 at 17:37. Reason: to add FEMA the worst of all