PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - mytravel pilot loses appeal
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2007, 23:43
electricjetjock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

There is a lot of rhetoric here about it being okay to disregard "idiotic" or "daft" rules and that the captain can break whatever rules he wants, it is his aircraft.

I may think that the 70mph rule on the motorway is daft especially as the road is clear and dry. If I get caught though I pay the penalty, I somehow do not think the judge would agree with my interpretation or disregard of the "law / rule" because I thought it was "idiotic" or "daft".

When I operate my aircraft I have the ability to go outside the "SOP" or rules but I have to be able to justify it to my company as well as the regulator. Somehow I do not think "PABLO" could do that here. He should have asked for permission and if it was not forthcoming or if he thought it would not be given then he should not have done it.

What seems to be lost here is that outside of MYT, he is running a "fear of flying company" and it could be alleged that this was as a blatant piece of self advertising for his own company, whilst working for another and breaking the law!

As for all the character references and the "whizzo" PA's I am sure there would be just as many going "he likes the sound of his own voice".

MYT have obviously reacted the way they did because of more than this one incident. There is probably no doubt that the spin doctors will not want the other linen to be washed in public as it could be damaging and not good for the "Pablo" cause. There are always TWO sides to a story.