PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMed
Thread: BMed
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2007, 12:44
nwuklad76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have been watching this thread for some time now and I think that it's time that we drop the Bmed/ bmi divide. We are now one airline and should consider ourselves so. For those that find the working conditions etc unpallatable then just consider that a lot of the people that left bmed in the summer to join the big 'airways' are not enjoying the lifestyle that they previously did either, neither are they totally happy. For example regular roster changes, minimum rest, split duties, long days the list goes on...... that's short haul. A fast paced changing environment. If I'm doing shorthaul, I'd rather it be where I am now. There are excellent people to work alongside and many more opportunities should you wish to hang up your wings and digress. Do you really want to wait years to even get an invitation to apply for promotion or wait at the bottom of an endless list to get part time etc??
Before anyone berates me, I too have come across from Bmed and happily did so. I too previously worked for bmi and was very happy there. My reasons for leaving were not due to being treated apallingly at all.
This kind of debate is destructive and only serves to divide a community. We should integrate and stand as one group with our new colleagues. That is the only way that we stand a chance of changing anything that needs to be changed.
I for one wish we could all accept what's gone has gone and get on with the job in hand. For one thing it certainly makes the day a lot easier and shorter if we dont sit moaning and winding each other up. Lets all move on.

Last edited by nwuklad76; 26th Nov 2007 at 12:48. Reason: typo