PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Harvs Air
Thread: Harvs Air
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2007, 10:42
Scoobster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys,

Wow, there certainly seems to have been lots or replies since I last checked.

I had the opportunity to give Harvs Air a call and direct my questions towards them.

I have looked into Perimeter and as you say they appear to be a good school for IFR and do not offer the PPL. It would have been great if they had offered the PPL.

There seems to be mixed opinions about Harvs Air, albeit there have been mainly positive ones but choosing a flight school is all about 'mitigating against the risk of things going wrong'.

The only thing you cannot mitigate against is the instructors unless you get started. The likes of Moncton, Harvs Air, ProIFR, Perimeter all have a good reputation and it is a case of what is right for the student.

Cedarman - I could indeed do my PPL at home, but there are many considerations such as cost and weather to take into consideration. There is a lot of downtime in terms of weather and lots of cancellations.

I would prefer spending a block 5-7 weeks getting my PPL and learning in a different country for the 'experience'. I can always fly in the U.K at any time.

I think what I may do is spend 1 week visiting flying schools in the winnipeg area to get a feel for the place.

I will most likely do IFR with Perimeter, so at the moment it looks like:

1) PPL - Get Started

2) IFR - Perimeter.

Cedarman - I am interested to know, what your experiences of Harvs Air have been and what other FTOs you may recommend without the 'marketing gloss'. I will PM you.

Mr North - I will also PM you.

Thanks

Scoobster.