PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ Link - Eagle Air
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2007, 05:41
Gone Down

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cloud...
I'd disagree with you on a couple of points. I really don't think it would take more than 5 years for an Air Nelson guy to be out paid by Eagle taking into account an early command at Eagle. I thought a FO at Air Nelson was on damm near (if not higher than) a 1st year Eagle command salary? Feel free to correct me, please do if I'm wrong. I also disagree with 'not to mention the value of two crew turboprop command time' What a load of sh*t! Airlines are short of guys the world over, if they want turboprop time that's what they want... not a stinking command on a piece of rubbish 19 seater, they want turboprop time. Command turboprop time has long gone out the window, ATPL's still seem to hold their value however. But with that you can do your ATPL in the sim at Air Nelson from what I understand so that levels the playing field in terms of the getting a command at Eagle point of view.
And as for the 3 year bond RUBBISH... what says someone at Eagle gets a jet interview and start after 18 months which is highly probable. How many FUC*$N years do you think that would put you behind your mate that took an Air Nelson job if he was on that same interview and start? You'll argue that he is now on a higher wage so can pay it back quickly... but if he was an Air Nelson FO he would have been on a much HIGHER wage for that year, and with much less bond he's moons above Eagle.
Eagle in todays climate especially... IS A PIECE OF SH*T!