PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ASIC card renewals
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2007, 04:18
airmuster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

OK you security minded zealots:-

I have been chartered to fly to Mt Augustus in a C208 to pick up some pax who would like to do a spot of fishing at YCAR.
I pick them up with some luggage for which I am told are fishing rods. No problem so far, apart from the fact that they are real big heavy duty dudes.
An uneventful flight back to YCAR and upon landing find that the RPT flight from Perth is sitting on the tarmac. No problem still, but my pax are getting a little anxious to land.
I pull up not far from the terminal and notice the refueler has just disengaged his hoses and upon driving away, the air hostess walks over to the terminal to usher out the pax for the awaiting F50.
I get out of my a/c, and help my pax to disembark.

SUDDENLY ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE

My pax get real nasty and king hit me to never never land, grab their fishing rods, which turn into ak47's (or whatever grabs your fancy) walk steadily towards and up the flight steps of the F50, into the cockpit (which door is sometimes left open because of hot temperatures in NW of WA) and take control of the a/c. "fly us to Rottnest"

This begs my question, (sorry to be drawn out), but why do we have to abide by this ASIC and security crap when it can be so so easily breached.
If you look at places like YCAR, YMEK,TPBO and YBRM etc the "security fencing" is ridiculous. Just look about 100 metres or so from the main terminal and it turns into a sheep fence and some are poor at that. And some of these locations use F100's and bigger(YBRM), which us GA jocks have to steer clear of for 30 minutes before and after they depart (so I've heard)...... such crap. Look at YSHK, even a sheep would loose its wool from laughing so much at the security fence here..... and its NEW.
IF the government is REALLY serious about airport security and protecting the citizens from the terrorists, then don't f#ck around with half measures, and really send the industry into financial ruin.

Once when the ASIC cards first came out, I was passed off as Qantas Crew at Perth and was about to be allowed through into their inner sanctums when I asked if they (security) were really aware of what I was wearing. I had used it for ID purposes for ticket collection.

SO WHY ARE WE LETTING ALL THIS HAPPEN TO US....... ITS INDEED NOT DESIGNED TO PROTECT US

Cheers... I feel better now
AM