PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Election Aviation Policies
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2007, 03:05
Wunwing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After 40 years in the industry of course I am sceptical of any new government.History has shown each one gives us a worse run than the last.

However a few years ago , during the deregulation period, I spent a bit of time in Canberra representing airline staff interests. I found very little understanding or interest amongst the Lib/Nats outside of their own special interests ie can farmers export more cheaply. Certainly they had little working knowledge of our of our day to day problems which eventually caused them some problems when they didn't listen to our opinions on airspace etc.

I did spend a bit of time with Labor and discovered that they actually knew a lot and what was more, were interested to learn. Lindsay Tanner is ex ASU and has represented airline staff and has a wide knowledge of the subject. I also spent a day with Martin Ferguson and found his knowledge of aviation almost encyclopedic.

We can only judge Labor on what they produce, but I for one am hopefull that at least they are willing to listen and learn rather than just inflict us with with the poorly researched and badly implemented policies that we have experienced over the last few years.