PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Things I always wanted to know as a PILOT
Old 25th Nov 2007, 22:51
AdamC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. SLFs sometimes wont lock an aircraft toilet door yet theyll unfailingley lock it in a public dunny. Why?

Pass - I always lock the door.

2. Most pax cant be bothered watching the Pre-TO Emergencey brief while the intellegent few do. This usualy determines who most likely will be still alive after the evac and wholl be dead. Is it a macho thing to ignore the brief or somethin?

I listen and watch, even if I have seen it on the same airline and aircraft 1000 times before.

3. Why do SLFs complain about the legroom and pitch of cattle-class seats? Your stuffed in seats like sardines in return for a lower fare and Economy class is named because its exactley that - ECONOMY!

I don't, being 16 I don't exactly need much legroom

4. Why do pax insist on flying with carriers who have dangerus safety records? Do cheap airfares override survival instincts? Would you do the same and ride with a dangerus bus or taxi company?

Like whom?

5. Why the rush to disembark? You could be standing in the isle for 20mins if the Manifest isnt accurate or the Traffic guy is an inexperienced snot-nosed kid.

I've no idea, pass.. I always sit down until the mad rush has finished.

6. Is an aircraft toilet realy more complicated to use than a reguler dunny? The flush button is in the same spot like any other thunderbox, and the tap/sink doesnt require a PhD to figure out.

I always flush the toilet.

7. If you slop up your dunny at home you clean it up. So why do you expect the stewardesses to clean YOUR ungodley mess up?

I don't make a mess so I'm fine there. If I did, i'd clean it.

8. Do some of you think pilots fly through severe turbulence because we WANT to?

No.. I never complain about it, it's something that cannot be avoided and I understand that.

9. Why do you believe a smooth greazey touchdown on landing is somehow the measure of a pilots total skill?

I don't.. Everyone likes a smooth touchdown, but smooth or not doesn't tell you anything of the pilots overall skill.. They got you to your destination safely, so that must prove they have a skill that most people don't!

10. If you depart early you arrive early at your destination. Why is there ALWAYS the bloodey annoying 1% who insist on boarding at the last minute after everyone else has been on-board for the last 20?

You tell us??