PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 5
Thread: MANCHESTER - 5
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2007, 00:16
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlyZB -

I applaud your response and agree wholeheartedly with the points you make. The friendliness of MAN's staff has long been the key asset of the entire operation. I recognise too that MAN has many positives, and the constant construction work around the airport yields frequent infrastructure improvements on a cumulative basis. Indeed, it is the fact that MAN has so many of the big issues under control which makes it frustrating that the easily rectified minor details get overlooked.

MAplc is investing telephone number sums in terminal improvements and that is fantastic. I just urge them to put aside £1 million to sort out some minor issues which so frustrate the customers. Movement sensors on the travelators (which are deliberately switched off at night); seating for the elderly and infirm to pause in the check-in halls; an extra pair of hands hired to clear the restaurant tables; a reliable mechanism for opening the terminal door. It's the fact that the airport is within touching distance of excellence which frustrates me; MAplc reacts commendably to refurbishment and expansion needs costing millions but somehow contrives to overlook the "penny details" which so influence the passenger experience. I just plead with MA to spend the pence as well as the pounds.

As for yourself and your staff, Fly ZB, top marks. I work on the airport site too (for a different employer) and hold MA's terminal staff in the highest regard.

Cheers, SHED.