PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - End of days for CPL's flying left seat over 5700 kgs
Old 24th Nov 2007, 18:36
Prop Job

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flyer14, the law goes on:

According to Part 61.07.3 (1):

An applicant for an Airline Transport Pilot Licence (aeroplane) must have completed, in aeroplanes, not less than 1500 hours of flight time of which -

(a) 500 hours must be on multi-pilot operations on aeroplanes that are type certified in accordance with FAA Part 25, JAA Part 25 or an equivalent certification standard, or

(b) 250 hours must be as pilot-in-command of which up to 150 hours may pilot-in-command under supervision;

(c) 200 hours must be cross-country flight time, of which 100 hours may be as co-pilot or pilot-in-command under supervision;

(d) 75 hours must be instrument time, of which not more than 30 hours may be acquired in an FSTD approved for the purpose; and

(e) 100 hours shall be night flight time as pilot-in-command or as co-pilot.

Those are the basic requirements. I was hoping I could count my B190 co-pilot time as multi-crew time, since you can skip (b) to (d) that way. If you've got the requirements stipulated in those areas, my understanding is that you won't need the 500 hours multi-crew time.