PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Election Aviation Policies
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2007, 14:01
SIUYA

Received 81 Likes on 25 Posts
airsupport...............

The trouble is so many young people voting today do not remember what it was like the last time Labor were in power.
Hello!!!!! Of course they don't, because it's been so long since it happened!

You refer to the Qld Premier saying:

I have to say it's been a long time since I have seen particularly young voters respond to Labor that way.
The Coalition's Work Choices policy appears to have been seen by many electors as a neo-conservative agenda that favoured business over employees. Particularly so with young people with respect to unfair dismissal laws only applying to larger businesses, and workers' perceived lack of bargaining power in workplace agreements.

In effect what Ms Bligh appears to be saying is that it's hard to make a comeback [i.e., for the Coalition] when you haven't been anywhere in the electorate's view, and aren't going anywhere in any case!

But as Wynsock rightly says:

So we have had a change of government. Big deal. The sky won't fall in. Lets focus on the issues.
Correct! In other words, there's nothing we can do about the Coalition's loss now, so let's all just get on with it under Labor!

PS. For the record, even after the election result I still remain undecided as to which of the 'contestants' policies was going to do more for aviation in Australia.

Last edited by SIUYA; 24th Nov 2007 at 14:23. Reason: typo