PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR CPT vs FOs
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2007, 10:12
BitMoreRightRudder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
should BALPA not consider a one-off opt-in of ALL RYR pilots at no cost?
No, they should pay for membership like everyone else. Ryanair is a mess - how many different pilot contracts now exist? I am told by contacts who work there that it is in the region of 20. That mess is down to the FR pilots accepting MOL's regime; they have to stand up and sort out the problem as one group, BALPA could help them, but they should not be given a free lunch in order to do it.

im just an FR cadet at the moment looking to make it to the line, learn my trade, build experience and enjoy my fATPL flying! That's the first milestone for little old me...........They're a business and I'm a business..
No disrespect Diamond Dog but you illustrate why ryanair and their pilots will succeed in continuing to screw everything up for the industry. Recruit a barrow full of low hour guys who are nothing more than grateful to be in the seat and you can offer whatever s*ite T&Cs you like.

I hope you do enjoy your flying and good luck with your line training DD, and I mean that. Just be aware that you are being shafted by your employer. You are not a "business" you are an employee, and deserve to be treated with respect, consulted on any change in working practices that affect your lifestyle or pay and you should expect to have all agreements and contracts honoured by your employer.

You won't get that at Ryanair.