PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR CPT vs FOs
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2007, 23:35
Diamond_Dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bonernow,

Not seeking to get involved in this debate or attack your post.
General points of order on a certain section of it:

Easyjet have just announced that there is no more room until winter 2008
Thats a fairly significant statement (the next 12 months). Can you show us what medium/source was used for this? EZY's a/c deliveries are slowing down and thanks to a different ethic better provisions are leading to improved retainment. However, more 'low experience' guys will commence type rating with them again around Feb next year. This bodes well for guys with current JAR25 experience. Sources at BA state recruitment to be fairly bouyant at the moment. Additionally, BA will have to start preparing for the A380 and B787 in the near future. This will mean alot of crewing inefficiencies ie. type changes, people in sims and not on the line, overall fleet expansion but initial greater expansion as it won't be a straight forward new a/c in, old a/c out. They will want more short haul crews to help feed this overall process. Indications from MYT (one of the merger airlines) are that they will at least be considering crews for recruitment again next August. That could possibly be seen as a guide for the other merger airlines too. (I appreciate it's an ever changing industry). After that as for Virgin, Emirates.. whoever, there is always recruitment to cater for expansion, retirements and attrition (be it less than for the lo co).. You just need alot of experience, the right qualities and some contacts

I guess I'm just trying to add a little balance to that area of your last post and say to everyone (without telling them to suck eggs) that in any event peeps from various other outfits will also look at the airlines you mention and there's alot of selection to go through. (The full monty all over again in BA's case). The message is that there will be slots available at all these airlines, it's just down as usual to networking and good work on selection.. Its not a 'numbers' or 'quantity' game (like the lo co "3-4 year until command" phrase. Roughly only 50% who get assessed for command will get it at the first time of asking), it's a 'quality' game!

The future is what we are going to make.. As for the rest of the argument im just an FR cadet at the moment looking to make it to the line, learn my trade, build experience and enjoy my fATPL flying! That's the first milestone for little old me. At that point if I'm happy my setup and feel I can develope more, i'll stay. If I think I can do better for myself elsewhere then I will move forward in that direction. They're a business and I'm a business..

All the best guys

Last edited by Diamond_Dog; 23rd Nov 2007 at 23:57.