PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR CPT vs FOs
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2007, 05:34
Say Mach Number

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In defense of our ERC they are doing exactly as the pilots asked or should I say the ones who could be bothered to turn up at the Radisson in STN a few months ago.

I attended a meeting at the Radisson a few months ago when the ERC notified the STN pilots they were holding a meeting to discuss a way forward.

The turnout at the meeting i went to in the morning had about 30 people and the afternoon I was told had even less.

This a trully appalling turnout out of about 350 pilots in STN and shows complete apathy towards these issues. I have attended most of these meetings and sadly this is not uncommon.

However those that turned gave an overwhelmimg YES to the question 'did the pilots wish the ERC to go back to the Company to see if there was a way forward before the start of 2008 pay discussions'

And as for secrecy i met one the ERC members on Friday last week to ask of ant developments and was told that they were meeting the Company the following Tuesday and there would be talks with the pilots when they had heard what the Company had to say. No cloak and dagger there.

He expained they would like to have met the Company sooner but that the management had been tied up with the opening of four bases and this was the first opportunity.

I know this guy he and the ERC are trying to get the best deal possible. It is certainly not for personal progression or gain. He has nowhere to go he is already a TRE. He, they have put up with all sorts of abuse and slander about back handers and so on. Personally I wouldnt do there job but as far as I can tell neither would anyone else.

As for BALPA, I am a member and have been for donkeys but I aint holding my breath for this lot.

Good luck to the ERC they need it with our management and sadly our appathetic pilots.