PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cx XXX
Thread: Cx XXX
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2007, 06:05
Numero Crunchero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
write to the GC

I agree that if we did withdraw our flexibility CX would struggle to operate all flights. Some GC thinking in 2000 was that the membership should actively help the company so that the sudden withdrawal of that help would cause the wheels to fall off. I don't know if that is a viable option today as too many of our peers are far too disgruntled to help out. In fact I think morale now is as low as I have ever seen it!

So what I suggest is write to your GC and ask them to have contract compliance voted on. Unilateral individual action is not effective. Whilst you may feel good not answering the phone, someone else will. We have almost 1000 non members who don't have to honour an AOA directed contract compliance. And as I have posted before, we have no such directive at this time.

Just because some of you have decided to have your own contract compliance doesn't mean anyone who doesn't is a bad guy. WHat would affect the company more...contract compliance directive from the AOA after a long period of cooperation or contract compliance directive after most pilots had already been on individual contract compliance?