PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V Australia-Tell me it aint true! (Merged Thread)
Old 20th Nov 2007, 06:24
777Contrail

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Safa Mafia?!

Do any of you know for a fact that the new chief training at VA does NOT have residency at least? Or maybe even a Aus passport?

Do you know how long he's been living in Aus?

Don't be surprised if you meet a whole bunch of new Aus residents with brand new ALTP licenses next year.............................

To answer some of the questions above.

Only South African Airways used to have a policy of employing citizens only.
Australian citizens can validate their license and work in South Africa with a work permit - no recidency required.

And yes, I've met a couple of Australians that's doing that - and working for some of the other airlines in SA.

South Africa has a HUGE skills shortage at the moment (drained away by the likes of Australia), and they're employing people from all over the globe all the time.

So, if you guys don't like the idea of Saffas in VA, fill all the vacancies.

Oh, I forgot! You don't get up in the morning for that kind of money.......or pay for your own qualifications.

Oh well, by the time you wipe the poo out of your eyes the Saffas will have the license, rating, recidency and the job.

They must be wishing you will stick to you guns long enough, so they can grab the positions before you do!