PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2007, 22:38
throw a dyce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skipness has a point.I have looked in BA web site and can't find anything about you must have photo I.D for Domestic.Ryanair and Easyjet yes and it is clear in their terms.BA well I don't know.Have Aviance got it wrong?
As far as security well we just accept it,but sometimes I wonder.Confiscating a tea spoon of eyedrops,or a yoghurt isn't going to stop a hardened terrorist.It's also the different rules that apply even with the BAA empire.Shoes off here,belts off there.What are security looking for peering under the bonnets of some cars.Then behind me is a fuel tanker,with enough explosive power to launch it into space,straight through.Why did I get frisked the other day,having not set off the machine.Why was I forced to remove my shoes and walk through a filthy soaking carpet with security laughing.I then had to talk to a Rescue heli trying to save someone missing in the North Sea.
As a controller I can have the capability of killing hundreds of people with nothing more than the slip of a pen.Security appears lip service and often petty nonsense,and just winds up people who's business is aviation safety.