PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 5
Thread: MANCHESTER - 5
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2007, 20:13
Bagchucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ringway

Further to my previous post: The "caring employer" that is MAG have today told all employees of Ringway Handling that the company in it's present guise will cease to be on 31 March 07. On 01 April 07( quite apt) it will rise from the ashes on the proviso that nearly all staff (apron and buildings-not senior management!) take a wage cut of around a thousand pounds a year, and lose between 4 and 6 days holiday a year. There other little morale boosters in there too, so given this or the option of redundancy all staff are between a rock and a very hard place. I personally feel very let down and can't believe that a company would do this to a workforce who on the whole are both hard working and dedicated. Do they expect people to be thankful for a drop in their standard of living(which Mr Muirhead said should not happen(Merry Christmas Geoff)) while senior mangement give up nothing and carry on taking their large pay packets.
I hope the union at Ringway can fight this and win, for the sake of all employees everywhere I fear this is start of a slide down a very nasty slope. Perhaps we should all file past Mr Muirhead and Mr Cornish doffing our caps and thanking them, they may get a visit from the Ghosts of Christmas past, present and future!!
Finally, ( yes I've finished my rant now) I hope all the workforce can maintain their principles and dignity and back our union in the fight against something that is morally wrong and unjust and must stopped.
If you're handled by Ringway at Manchester I hope you'll understand if the staff are not their usual selves and the service not quite as good as usual but we're a bit "cheesed off".
Good luck lads.