PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HyperMerged: Q Engineering LAME EBA VIII/Industrial Strategies
Old 19th Nov 2007, 19:23
The masked goatrider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fill your fuel tanks boys. The 8 hour is coming. Have heard that the Exec will be requesting 8 hour rosters for all on 27th November.

BTW my manager was out selling the EBA yesterday and I sat there listening wondering what the hell we will be giving up to get this 3% windfall. I thought it sounded too good to be true and I was right. It may surprise many of you but they actually want something that they weren't telling us about. The missing pages from the presentation read -

Some minor ammendments to the way disputes are handled. If the Asn wants to represent you in the AIRC the Commissioner must take into account the XPT case which gives management the right to make any decision that benifits the company. This is the no-man transit clause gents.

Some minor changes to the definition of employee. LAMEs will now be able to be employed as AMEs and paid as such until they sit a company LAME induction course. Thats why we haven't advertised for LAMEs in over 2 years even though we are so short that delays are at an all time high.

Unlimited part timers and casuals. Thats right unlimited. But remember guys this is a lifestyle choice that suits many families. We will make that choice for you. Don't bother moonlighting to feed your families either, we have banned that as well.

So vote yes. You are only overpaid LAMEs anyway. If you do management will give you long term job security until we can get some 457 visa holders from China to take your job.