PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mixed Flight Crew (m/f) a Human Factors Issue in any airline ?
Old 19th Nov 2007, 06:10
tgflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One of the best bosses I've had (non aviation) was female but the worst one was also a female.
Do you really want to go down that route? I have noticed that you, just like RvB, are trying to throw some sort of statistics out there. You think that's gonna work?
I've been in aviation for a few years now, and I am sad to say, that I have yet to have a female boss. In other words, I've only come across male bosses, and amongst that I've had the best boss and the worst boss. Can I say now that male pilots suck? No. I was an instructor for quite some time, and the few girls who were students were neither good or bad in comparison to their male classmates. They were all just that: students.

I can understand if you walk into a cockpit and find a female copilot, then you might have some sort of alertness. But maybe that is your problem, and not theirs.

I appreciate this ongoing discussion. I just want to throw out there: Lest we forget that by the end of the day, we are all humans, and as such we are all fallible.

Regards,

TG.