PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Great PO/5Y Debate
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2007, 15:53
WhaleFR8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is very simple really.

Bobbrobin wanted to place the company's grievance over the (lack) of merger on the bottom of the Polaroid grievance list. This indicates to the world that he doesn't have a case - why delay if you think you are right?

The company filed a grievance over that, as the Polar grievance backlog was caused by the Polar MEC themselves (THEY have never put all those grievances forward for hearings).

The arbitrator told Bobbrobin that the company's grievance WILL go to the top of the pile.

It is incredible to me that Bobbrobin considers this a win. What is more incredible is that MF (and others) believe them. Fact is that the current Polar MEC has won only a single grievance. And that grievance caused the loss of almost all of their FE jobs. During their tenure the number of jobs at Polar has gone from over 300, to 170, with more losses to come. They have gone from 15 flyable airplanes, down to 7 - two of which are on loan from Atlas.

So tell me again who you believe? Tell me how good this whole fight has been for the Polaroids. I said this over a year ago - winning a battle does not necessarily mean you have won the war. At some point you have to realize that the company can do business how it wants. The union cannot keep a company from merging - no matter how strong the scope language is.

The issue here is that one persons pride and his refusal to back away from a statement he made to a certain VP of OPs may cause 170 pilots to lose their jobs, and is certainly causing 700 pilots to lose pay and benefits from lack of a new contract.

ONE PERSON is causing this - and everyone just sits by and lets it happen.

Last edited by WhaleFR8; 18th Nov 2007 at 16:36.