PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 5
Thread: MANCHESTER - 5
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2007, 19:04
Sir George Cayley

I passed thru T3 a coupla days ago during the evening peak.

I was very unhappy with the experience and smiled to myself that getting on a knackered old BA 734 was actually, in comparison, a relief.

In comparison with BAA Security, MAN checks were scant. The staff looked unfocussed and bored.

The lounge was overcrowded and clearly too small for the numbers of pax at peak. Wonder what the Fire Cert says?

A number of shops were closed and all the other retail outlets had long queues. A Boots outlet is being built which appears to remove the last bit of daylight.

The Male toilets smelt so bad I retched whilst using them.

The FlyBe announcements were made by a young woman whose voice sounded like a car crash.

The gate area was freezing cold in comparison to the stuffy hot lounge. Wonder why I have nasal problems today?

All the vetical surfaces in the building were either dirty, chipped or otherwise discoloured. The advertising lightboxes were so bright they hurt my eyes.

The airbridges were dirty with litter strewn around and evidence that the damp worn carpet had not been vacuumed for quite some time.

None of the staff with whom I spoke and offered a friendly "Good Evening" responded.

Manchester Airport occupies a special place in my heart. But it is the Airport of the last century not the current one. It used to win awards hands down and be staffed by people of warmth, committment and enthusiasm.

Those old enough will remember the hairdressers inside the Gents in T1.

Loo of the year award? Yup I think the whole place could win it now.

Sir George Cayley