PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Comair taking unnecessary flak
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2007, 10:39
sayswho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'shoe on the other foot', 'not lekker when it happens to you'
Typical sentiments of them and us syndrome! Just to clear something up I do not and have never worked for Comair, but would have gladly if the oppertunity had arised.
But what I see from this little debate is how quickly as per usual the SAA clan try to stick together and justify their existance. Like I said earlier your situation is different, you are goverment owned and you are the leaches of the aviation industry. You are not needed, and at any one moment there are other airlines (Comair) that are quite capable of filling the very little hole you would leave.
This however is rather about what is right and wrong! and point fingers if you wish but I feel that aviation would be a lot better off if the goverment and labour just stay out of it. They have no expertise in the area and if they become involved it would be purely to promote a system that has failed for the past 13 years or for a few to get rich quick. I left the SA working enviroment 5 years ago due to their rediculous policys (white 30 odd year old male) so don't think for one miniute I support them. If they get their own way with Comair Im affraid to say Zimbabwe will become an example of what is to come.
Good Luck - Do you have a way out?
EISH!!!!!