PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BEagle
Thread: BEagle
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2002, 13:00
ttthompson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BEagle

Sorry to disappoint, but it would seem that the “Non-remuneration staff action” referred to in the AFPRB report is the current drive to recruit AEOp’s (glossy mag adverts, new website etc etc).

Assuming you apply the same criteria (IPP –5yrs etc), most of the AA who would have been targeted are mature adults in their mid 30’s, not spotty faced teenagers. These guy’s have given most of their adult lives to an organisation that has treated them shoddily and has relied on their sense of Loyalty and Duty to ignore this treatment. Whether it has been changes in term of service, pay down banding, manning deficiencies, broken promises on promotion or additional pay, this may be the last straw for a lot of talented and highly professional people. We can only tolerate so much.

Loyalty and respect is a two way process, it must be earned and it cannot be demanded. Sadly, I feel that many AA will now accept the inevitable, the Service they joined with so much enthusiasm and optimism in the mid 80’s is now just a memory.

I’m sure that all NCO Aircrew, regardless of trade and rank, would love to believe in your sincere optimism. Unfortunately, this time, I feel that is all it will be. But thanks for your support, it’s nice to know that some appreciate us.

. .Airman Aircrew, RIP.

[ 01 February 2002: Message edited by: retard rearcrew ]</p>