PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SNCO Aircrew.... Shafted???
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2002, 13:42
Baz Heath

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flaps,. .. .Thank you for your enlightening comments. Of course you are correct, and we AA of (very) long standing know that only to well, however...... .. .The sad thing in all of this is that RAF AA were sacrificed for the sake of RAF Officer aircrew, and that is what is wrong.. .. .There is no doubt about that, ask those very senior officers that were at the review. I don't mean the senior RAF Officers, but those from the other services. The meeting was concluded with those officers from the Navy and the Army voicing their utter shame and disgust that the RAF Officer element had 'sold the RAF AA down the river' in order to safeguard their own 'wedge'. .. .To lots of us, that is nothing new, but it has shown, particularly to the other services, that RAF officers are in a league of their own when it comes to 'being an officer'. .. .At the same meeting, it was commented that:. ."Army officers are trained and expected to look after their soldiers,. .Naval officers are trained to look after their sailors,. .and RAF officers are trained to look after themselves". .. .Regretably that is absolutely true, and on my sqn many honourable officers are utterly ashamed by what has happened, patently you are not, and that sir is wrong.. .. .I have no idea of your background or indeed what flying badge you wear, but reading the tones of your previous postings, I would assume that you are one of those arrogant two-winged master race, who firmly believes that their $hit don't stink!. .. .You have taken great delight in slagging off many AA over the past few weeks in this forum, and for that you should also be ashamed. . .. .When FGLFB openly asked you for advice and support (following your 'a jag mate of mine blah') you scoffed at the opportunity and slagged him off. When Yeller_gate and Charlie_L have made comments, you have dismissed those also. . .Your comment refering to 'put your money where your mouth is' purely indicates the lack or real leadership and officer qualities you posses, or maybe don't. Is that the way you want the air force to run? people staying in because there is no job outside for them? Is that the sort of leadership qualities that you are taught and promote?. .. .I regret Sir, you are very typical of todays modern RAF Officer, self first, self last and anything left over self first again!. .. .Like those before me, I will not rise to your bait again, but will simply wish you well in your carreer. With your attitude, you will undoubtably go far!. .. .MM. .. .all speeling misteaks are cos of alcohool!!