PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SNCO Aircrew.... Shafted???
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2002, 18:25
covec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Flap62 is correct in what he says, lads.. .. .There are 2 realistic options:. .. .1) Try(!!!!) to put up with it all. Make a career out of it. Enjoy your families and friends, any time off, spend cash, save cash, build a mansion...whatever it takes to make Ice Station Kilo in particular, bearable.. .. .2) Leave - either remuster, commission or get a marketable skill. Change your life.. .. .Although in to 55, I have decided to leave at my 22 point in 3 years. Military education grants have helped me on the way to an OU Degree, and I am now qualified as a commercial pilot - with plenty of networks to ensure that I am employable one day.. .. .We are doing ourselves a dis-service here on this thread.. .. .What do we really want? How many of us actually applied for AEOp - but were "hoodwinked" into maritime by CIO & OASC? Are our complaints caused by the cynicism of RAF recruiters filling numbers requirements? Certainly the current recruiting poster for SNCO aircrew is a downright lie i.e. ASTOR is not even available yet; and we all know that if you want early promotion you must be at HMP Kinloss on a Nimrod sqn.. .. .Lets give the review a chance.. . . . <small>[ 23 March 2002, 14:28: Message edited by: covec ]</small>