PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2007, 04:56
Winco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vage,
Are you seriously telling us that the author of this report has got it completely wrong, and that NO aircrew at ISK are scared to fly the jet?

I know that to be wrong, as I have a lot of friends still on the fleet, still flying and the vast majority of them telling me that they are 'scared' to a greater or lesser degree.

These are experienced aviators who all have several thousand flying hours under their belts, and so have seen quite a lot and have a lot of experience, but they are still worried.

The jet may be safe under normal everyday CT conditions, however, if there is an AAR slot within the flight, then worries and concerns are very much a reality. None of them have ever refused to fly, and I suspect that personal pride will not allow it in most of them, but that does not negate their concerns and genuine worries about the aircraft.

'why doesn't everyone stop speculating and help us all to do our jobs without wives/friends/families asking us all the time about the integrity of the aircraft'

.......sadly, there was nothing speculative about XV230 or indeed XV235 more recently, and whatever you say, those tragic facts remain, and still haunt many of us. To suggest that current Nimrod aircraft don't feel the same I would suggest is naaive to say the least.

As for AOC 2Gp, I think he has joined AC Ovee (could have been the same guy maybe?) and all the others who would appear to be being proved wrong in their claims and statements.