PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike Thread (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2007, 20:56
mikeyuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This was the post that was removed

Actually I have experienced the fantastic training on aircraft.
Last time we went to Florida My 3 year old choked on a sweet. Not one of the cabin crew knew what to do. It was me that dislodged it and saved her life.(without any formal training). Although I will say they were very good at cleaning up the aftermath when she vomited everywhere afterwards. Not once after that did they even bother to check on her.
On the same flight we were stuck on the tarmac for an hour in a heatwave. With no aircon. My 18 month daughter got hysterical and started suffering from heat exhaustion. The cabin crew, however just came over and simply told me to put her lap belt on otherwise we would delay the flight further. (At this point we were still at the gate!). Not an offer of a drink for her or anything. She was purple by the time we took off. After landing we realised that she had had a febrile convulsion. What caring crew!
On another flight we had to make an emergency landing. One of the highly trained cabin crew cried the whole way down, very reassuring for passengers
Cabin crew have 6 weeks training which just gives them enough time to touch on each topic, not explore them in depth.
You should be ashamed of yourself to think that you are anywhere on par with firefighters or nurses.
As for 9/11, that was an isolated incident. Lets remember that 1000's of emergency crew lost their lives when they bravely chose to go into buidings which were highly unstable. If the cabin crew had a way out, they would have walked without thinking twice. The firefighters however did not.
I have many friends who were/are cabin crew and they don't do it for the money. they do it for the social life, the travel and the discounted flights.