PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Massive QF aircraft orders
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2007, 09:00
mavrik1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK

SC. "If they do as it has been done over the last 50 years, ie train the older experienced LAMES
i
nitially and let natural on the job training filter through the ranks there will be ample guys to fill the boots of the older ones who will leave in the next 10 years."

I know things go in cycles but times are a little different, I'm not saying don't give licences to the older guys and give it to younger ones but the young guys need to be there to pick up the experience to even be able to use a Licence effiecently. There are young guys with Licences but they wouldn't even no what to do with them in a Line Maint enviroment because they were not brought up on that scene. A AME can do everything except sign the book. Wouldn't that be easier on the older guys. There are still not going anywhere.

Most of the A/C types at QF will still out service the careers of the majority of current senior guys at QF. So whats wrong with them seeing the old gens out and passing a new gen to some young blokes who can prove themselves, at least they can grow with that type and be able to service it into the long future without hand me down experience from the older chaps. You all know how much can be learnt from new types going into service.
It is cost affective aswell, when one guy with a huge pay scale leaves another ame comes on line to play keeping costs down and with more people on the line. We still need the brains of the older guys but the young guys will carry them. What a great learning enviroment.
But I'm dreaming again.