PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Massive QF aircraft orders
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2007, 04:11
Romulus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mavrik
Short Circuit "train the older experienced LAMES i
nitially and let natural on the job training filter through the ranks there will be ample guys to fill the boots of the older ones who will leave in the next 10 years."

Thats half the problem why the young ones arent loyal and leave because you never end up letting young ones filter through to start and gain knowledge on the job. The old boys think they will take thier jobs.

Look at QF MEL, Inter Line Maint, that place is a joke, there's not a bloke in the under 30yrs catergory, young guys are screaming to have a go but they get kept in the hangers, so after 6 to 8 years they tend to leave. Take a look at MEL CX engineering, it is now practically ran by a bunch of ex QF trained youngsters out of the hangar and doing a bloody good job of it, never seen such a learning curve.
They also handle more A/C per head count, run all the station duty's by themselves and have MAS IFE training to carry out that work on transits. Its a pity they have to leave thier own Australian based carrier and go to the Asian opposition just to get the career they well deserve.
The taking under the wing and learn method that was devolped at QF is a thing of the past from where I'm sitting.
Imagine the cost base and performance of QF line Maint if they actively got ame's involved in real line maint at QF(ie, bull**** wing walking), now that would be scary, it would be good to give those old boys some relief aswell, hell the young blood would probably spike up the moral a bit too.
Can only dream.
I think I've read a lot of this before. Wonder where?