PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leeds Bradford LARS?
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2007, 19:06
ATCO Fred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Here's another thing MD600:
Quote:
at fenton i think they only know one reply keep 3 miles away from the overhead
I presume you know they have no authority to tell you that - if they are telling and not asking. And do mil units have approval for 3nm separations on known traffic?
They can instruct you to remain outside the ATZ (2.5 nms I believe) or maybe the "3 miles from the overhead" is a standard call to all aircraft because of the close proximity of SIE to Church Fenton and the propensity for (ahem, those less experienced/gifted GA pilots) to occasionally fly through the CF visual circuit.

Been there seen it...... white Hughes 500 cross the Rwy threshold at 500ft in front of a landing aircraft!! Helicopter subsequently violated Leeds and Carlisle airspace afterward!

MD600. As always, 2 Sides to every story - the tone of your post is somewhat bombastic and naive - although I'm sure you are not. As airspace becomes more and more crowded we need to show greater understanding of each other’s operations (get away from the old MY airspace mentality) and the SMALL part we each play in the ever changing story that is the 'moving maggots' on the radar screen!

Last edited by ATCO Fred; 15th Nov 2007 at 19:21.