PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Comair taking unnecessary flak
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2007, 10:58
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Whilst these events are very uncomfortable, what we are seeing is the swing of the pendulum.

During apartheid, the Nats did the equal and opposite. It was inevitable that the pendulum would over swing in the opposite direction. In due course, it may stabilise in the middle but experience around the world says that will take a little time.

Jamex used words that could be applied 100% to apartheid:
Name a system in this country whether it be banking system, car registration system, drivers licences or whatever and they have come up with mind-boggling ways to circumvent or subvert said system.
They did that to swing the system in their favour, now the systems are being swung in someone else's favour. It may be uncomfortable but that is the way human beings are.

Please bear in mind that I fully understand that being a pilot is not a typical aspiration for a young person of colour. In another 30 years it may be but it is not in their family or education system - yet. Likewise, I fully understand that they want to see more people of colour in the Springboks but, quite apart from that also not being in their culture, most people of Southern Africa are not of the physical body type to play the game. In due course, that will be understood but the pendulum must swing the full arc before that happens. I predict that more whites will be removed from the team and they will start losing matches. They will go through a bad period of anything up to ten years. Then they will, either, have enough people of colour to get back on top and claim victory, OR they will have come back to a balance of pigmentation.

Want one last example? In the UK: During the 1960s and 70s, the Trades Unions got everything their own way and it was mayhem. In the 1980s and 90s, the mgmt got their own way and it was mayhem. Now, in the '00s, matters are beginning to be stable in the middle.

OK, now you can scorch me off the face of your planet.