PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA landing fees at Norwich EGSH
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2007, 13:34
niknak
niknak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lotman - no problem and yes, I think that VAT would have to charged as the company is VAT registered, whether or not you'd get a VAT reciept is another matter and I don't know the answer.

The Flybe cuts are no suprise, they went head to head with KLM on the AMS route and have failed to provide competetive prices, the Alicante/Murcia flights were very well patronised but were very expensive at peak times, again they failed to compete with rival operators and the ADF has no bearing on the passenger loads and it's simply a case of them utilising the aircraft on other routes with similar potential but no competition.

Phil Space said:
They will not let you have intersection take off
, untrue, which is why we publish TODA/TORA distances from intersections B on Rwy 27 and D on 09, in the UKAIP and all the other up to date publications.
You will not get them unless you ask as it's not our job to encourage pilots to use anything less than every inch of tarmac available for take off.
The only time you may be denied is if you are going to get in the way of someone who will be ready to go before you, or landing traffic which requires the use of that intersection taxiway (usually a helicopter).

Personally, I find the landing fees to GA an embarrasment, I suspect that we never made any real money from GA and if a based operator was willing to provide for all their needs without having to go through the terminal, why not let them do so for the same fees we charged in 2006?

No, I don't know either.