PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2007, 07:45
Richard Taylor
Fit like min?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flyglobespan

As you all know, I get all my news from the trusty P&J.

On P1 (front lead) today is Tom Dalrymple & his airline, admitting his airline has lost mi££ions overall this summer thanks to all the long-haul problems.

In relation to ABZ though, he confirms they pulled out of ABZ this winter on account of fuel costs & high landing charges at the airport. I have heard that latter reason before!

However S08 they will be back, as S07 was an "undeniable success", according to Mr D. Same destinations as before (ex MJV) plus AGP.

He also hinted at prospects of more destinations in summer in future, eg. LPA, MLA, France, Italy, N. Portugal.

Interestingly, also transat to Canada (Newfoundland) for the oil/gas sector, perhaps combining it with running down to Florida (MCO) for holidays.

All dependent inevitably on market conditions, oil prices, how successful S08 will be, etc.

Something confused me though, as usual. Headline is "Airline Set To Fly High Again From Aberdeen". However he said the potential expansion at ABZ was merely "aspirational" & depended on many issues (as noted above). Is he therefore saying it's MORE or LESS likely?

Oh also dependent on a L O N G E R runway, better facilities, easier check-in, etc

Not sure if the interview with him was "ABZ" specific, ie. talking to the local press), or for wider consumption.