PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NSW State Police powers with regard to Aircraft.
Old 14th Nov 2007, 01:17
mudpig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tipsy. Go back to your link and read it properly. You have failed to understand something which would answer your question relating to a connection between the Cronulla riots and aviation. Der.. there is no connection.
Here's what you missed:
"He says the Terrorism Act will also be updated and expanded to allow police to search boats and planes without a warrant."
Once the Act is written it will specify in detail what forms of aircraft. Hell if the police are lucky aviation will be blanketed under one term so there will be no loopholes so that terrorists can't target one form of aircraft knowing police won't have the power to board that type.
The idea is if there is a report made to police of suspected terrorist activity on any type of aircraft the police won't have to wait for some magistrate to issue a warrant so they may board. I'm sure you human rights activists would be happy that police must follow due course and time wasting applications to magistrates to gain entry without permission.
Are you happy that the ahole packing the bomb under his clothes has boarded, buckled in and reached a height of 30,000 feet before the police got their warrant issued? No? Well wake up and don't question the expansion of powers.
By the way I don't like Iemma or any of his idiot mates, but I'll support any expansion of police powers to make our airline industry safer.
Play nice mudpig and keep the insults to yourself.

Tidbinbilla - Dunnunda and Godzone Moderator

Last edited by mudpig; 14th Nov 2007 at 02:15.