PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V Australia-Tell me it aint true! (Merged Thread)
Old 14th Nov 2007, 00:19
Coppertopthegreat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bunglerat I indeed hear your sentiment but I still think the majority of pilots that I have come across in Australia are reasonably united and great people. If everyone were as segregated as you say there would be no fun on the flight decks across OZ. There is indeed a brotherhood amongst us. Flying by day, getting the job done and having a laugh and then have a few frosties at the end of the day. Everyone is trying to enjoy their job and be paid fairly for it. Some companies in Oz are still a fair way off the mark but the view is improving. The unions are paid to take care of the industrial stuff. If your not getting what you want from your union vote them out and get a new lot that will get you what you want (JPC have a good look at yourselves).
Its a great day when you can sit there above the crappy weather and have a laugh with the pilot sitting next to you while you hear the poor old navajo that you used to fly 20000ft beneath you. If you can couple that with the right remuneration and conditions (which is the unions job to get for you), your work life is set.
I go to work to go flying and interact with good people and get paid properly. Thats what we all should be striving for.

the only good thing the South Africans did was beat England and I thank you for that......