PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V Australia-Tell me it aint true! (Merged Thread)
Old 13th Nov 2007, 22:06
The Bunglerat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey abc1, can't help feeling like I struck a raw nerve with you, concerning that other thread you so kindly reproduced my comments from.

For a long time I have been careful not to get caught up in arguments over T&C's/buying endorsements and the like, because like the year that cannot be mentioned, some people will just never get over it. However at the risk of making myself a target, what I will say is that my decision to accept a position with such T&C's (that are considered by some like yourself to be questionable), was based on how it will impact my family first - and my career second.

Wouldn't the world be just wonderful if we as pilot brethren all banded together, clasping hands, and sang songs of unity, love, support and all other manner of warm and fuzzy s**t. Oh, if wishing only made it so. In reality, there is no loyalty, and there is no brotherhood. I think it is a sad reflection on the state of affairs that, for every nice guy I've met in this industry over the years, there are ten more a***holes lined up in front of him. Whilst I myself am a pilot, at the same time it embarrasses me to admit to it - simply because of the way in which I too often see this industry turn grown, rational adults into 12-year-olds who can do little more than piss on each other and compare dick size. The only reason I've tolerated this industry for so long is because I still love flying for flying's sake.

Nevertheless, whilst my flying is a passion that I shall continue to indulge for as long as circumstance allows, it is not the be-all and end-all of my life, and I could just as easily walk away from it tomorrow, as I could continue for another twenty years - which is why I'm able to sleep at night knowing that I make decisions based on how it affects my loved ones - not some anonymous PPRuNer who gets on his/her soapbox because he didn't like it.