PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2007, 21:48
pokergirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I personally wanted them to address the crew down situation. I wanted the payment structure increased significantly. Not so we could benefit from the money but so that the company would not allow the flights to constantly go crew down. As it would cost them more money. They are spending money on extra days of training to preach consistancy, within the service and then having all crew working up . Some with little knowledge of the products therefore no consistancy. The other aspect for me personally was the standby element as i said in earlier posts. Some guarantee needs to be put in place so that income is not lost, if they have no flights for you. Especially when as crew you need to be as close to the airport as poss only to have to go back, therefore incurring several costs . The item of losing a crew member i was originally incensed with but at the end of the day the company can and most probably will re-write the service flows eventually, they dont, i believe need the unions approval necessarily to do it.