PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2007, 16:40
Boofers

Strike action & pay deal

I see that there are many comments from passengers on this thread, saying that if Virgin hosties strike they will fly with BA in future - because if Virgin strike now, they are likely to strike again..... but hang on a minute..... BA ground staff have striked before to get what they deserved, so aren't they likely to strike again too??

If we were paid what the BA hosties were paid, and had the same concessions etc as BA, I think we'd all be pretty happy. And for all those people that keep saying 'well go work for BA then'..... it's not as simple as that. Some of us have been at Virgin for a good few years and worked our way up the ladder. If all the crew that are unhappy with the pay left the airine, Virgin would end up with inexperienced crew taking flights as Manager - I don't think that's the answer. Also, if we all joined BA, we'd have to start back at the bottom as Junior crew. You can't just 'jump ship' from one airline to another and be in the same rank.

None of us wants to harm the airline, we just want what is fair - some of us regard the job as a career, have mortgages to pay, families to provide for etc and Virgin management just don't see it that way, and nor do the passengers