PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA landing fees at Norwich EGSH
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2007, 15:20
IO540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Niknak

Landing fees are outwith our remit, but there are are facilities away from the terminal and if you pay on the day you won't be hit for anything like £45.
If you park on the light a/c park and go to a hange south of hangar 12 you'll find a fully licensed resturant and briefing facility, they can't take your landing fee

This facility has been alluded to here previously, using whispers and secret emails

Can you elaborate on where exactly one should ask for taxi instructions to?

Asking to taxi to such and such aeroclub is a standard way around large airports to get around the full handling charges, but it works only sometimes, and one often ends up parking on some muddy grass full of potholes. A couple of years ago I got close to a prop strike at Norwich when parking on the grass outside one of the flying schools, away from the main terminal. Disaster was avoided only because of my annoying habit to stop the engine, get out, and walk the route ahead checking for holes and dips.

I did this "aeroclub thing" at Southend a few times last year and the airport fire service had to pull me out of a deep muddy rut with a 4x4 and two ropes...

Norwich is a nice airport but they need to get organised for GA. They have enough security staff to handle a full Bolshevik revolution. Also, every time I've been there, they had enough empty tarmac to park the entire fixed wing RAF.