PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polar Arbitration II
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2007, 12:55
layinlow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is always a possibility I suppose. I worked grievance many years and it had been my expierience that anytime a decision will impact a party finacially, the arbitrator will take a long time in rendering a decision. I acutality it is "We're not happy until your not happy" scenario. Let's use this grievance as an example. The pilots and fe's want back pay for about a year and the return of their jobs. Face, it ain't gonna happen!
But, there will have to be (assuming the plantiff wins) some sort of monetary compensation. That could be very costly to the company so the arbitrator may try to take a middle ground. And that could take time with all the variables involved. Hence the company isn't happy because he has to pay something, and the plantiff isn't happy because he isn't going to get what he feels is just, nor his/her job back. Now let's look at the other side of the coin, ie, the company wins. It is basically a status quo position, no middle ground would have to be taken and the decision is fairly simple and quick. That is my take anyway.
Now as to who is right; I obviously, am on the Polar side, you just as obviously is on the Atlas side. But the only side that counts is the arbitrators side and what is, is. Let's hold our collective breath for the final result. Then it is all over amd the chips, where ever that they lay, give a little to boths sides. On that I think we can agree.