PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Things I always wanted to know as a PILOT
Old 13th Nov 2007, 11:51
Final 3 Greens

1. Never seen this, but then again I’ve only taken 1,000+ commercial flights

2. If it is so important, how come a deadheading captain and FO opposite me talked very loudly all the way through it recently and the CC didn’t intervene?

3. Because the airlines (e.g. your employer) never show the reality in their advertising, only beautiful things

4. Code share is one reason – you book one carrier and travel on another

5. (a) most people don’t like planes and can’t wait to get off them, (b) some peeps have places to go to – e.g. FF with hand baggage

6. Please explain this to your FO next time, he is used to automatics on an Airbus

7. Have you got a toilet obsession???? On second thoughts, I guess Australia only got proper dunny’s recently, so the novelty hasn’t worn off yet

8. No, we think some of you are idiots who fly through severe turbulence because you departed at night with wx radar u/s or switched it off in VMC (even though convective activity was forecast) and also wrote off the nose radome due GR

9. I don't judge pilot's skill on greasers, which are just good luck

10. (a) because the exec lounge is 20 minutes from the gate and the gate staff called the lounge at the last minute, (b) because the FIDS in the exec lounge froze, the lounge doesn’t make calls and no one form the gate cross checked and also (c) your First/biz class passengers pay a big premium to board later