PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - American Airlines pilot layoffs.
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2001, 17:23
OldAg84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I must (visible wince) agree with 411A. The quality of the security personnel is abysmal-I have had to have them repeat instructions several times because I couldn't understand their English (translation- new immigrant) , I have had to carry my on bag to a secondary examination table because they couldn't carry it (translation- elderly), I could go on.

As SLF, I'm less inclined to fly for a number of reasons- the tragic events of Sept. 11 only solidified them- Why should I spend four hours flying to Atlanta ( 1 hour airtime, 2 hours prior, 1 hour drive from ATL), when I can work my way over in 7 and make stops along the way? Additionally, I'm not entirely confident security, in spiute of what has been said, has been improved drastically.

Service is virtually non-existent, frequent flyer miles are virtually unusable ("I would like to fly on May 7, 2008" - "I'm sorry sir there are no seats available on that flight.")

All that said, videoconferencing will never replace the face-to face contact needed to cement business. Never.

So I will continue to fly. But not with a smile on my face.