PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mixed Flight Crew (m/f) a Human Factors Issue in any airline ?
Old 12th Nov 2007, 12:32
Whirlygig

Hovering AND talking

Location: Propping up bars in the Lands of D H Lawrence and Bishop Bonner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not really fiting in in the tec section , I know – but the right place to reach fellow professionals, I think.
I would have thought Safety and CRM would have been a better forum? I cannot see the relevance to Tech Log at all. You cannot seriously consider this to be the only forum where professionals "hang out"?

According to my experience as an airline captain it indeed matters if the other crewmember is male or female
Does it? Why? What is your experience? Really!

IŽam wondering if IŽam the only one feeling that way and if adressing this issue is overdue and sometimes avoided due to an PC-driven attitude.
Oh believe me, there are hundreds who think the way you do as I am sure you realise if you'd spent any time in a crew room.

To make my point clear : IŽam not against women in multicrew cockpits,
So why raise the issue?

however we are discussing all kinds of human factors related issues.
Which are?

My impression is that this one is not adressed in a proper manner – and we need to sharpen our awareness also in that respect.
If I had a penny for every time I have seen this subject raised on one or another forum of Pprune, then I would have 56pence!

Any thoughts on this one ? Thanks, RvB.
Plenty

There are good pilots and there are bad pilots. Some good pilots are men and some bad pilots are women and VICE VERSA!!!

Cheers

Whirls

At least female pilots tend to smell nicer!!!